Aaron has over 5 years of experience in the development, implementation, interpretation, and presentation of projects and applied research assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of programs/interventions and individuals. Throughout his career, Aaron has sought to improve programs and performance, by effecting change at the individual and organizational levels. Aaron is adept at conflict management and resolution to foster increased understanding, stronger relationships, and clearer objectives. In his work with individuals and organizations, Aaron adopts a creative, collaborative and solution-focused mindset to achieve desired results.
Aaron completed a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology, from the University of Calgary. He designed, implemented, interpreted, and presented a research study investigating the effectiveness of a short-term problem-solving intervention on performance anxiety. He also holds a Master of Counselling degree from the University of Calgary where he received a Canadian Institute of Health Research Scholarship for his research evaluating the effectiveness, accessibility, and cost-effectiveness of an organizational mental health model.
- Facilitated and promoted conversation and engagement between leaders, professionals, and representatives at the municipal and community level to promote greater health and wellness.
- Coordinated and fostered discussion and relationship building between leaders, professionals, to promote the strategic development and implementation of community change initiatives.
- Provide counselling and coaching to clients regarding career choice, transition, and departure.
- Provide both informal and formal assessments to clients to help them better understand their strengths, areas of development, values, beliefs, interests, and personality attributes to assist in career change, leadership development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Designed, implemented, interpreted, and presented multiple studies and projects assessing programs and individuals.
- Evaluated a Provincial Health Services Addiction and Mental Health Clinic, and provided recommendations to improve service delivery.
- Developed a Health Promotion Program, with potential application to Post-Secondary and Corporate health initiatives.
Aaron is a Registered Provisional Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists and a member of the Psychologists Association of Alberta. Aaron is also a Special Affiliate member with the Canadian Psychological Association.