Avra has over 9 years of experience providing a variety of professional services to both individuals and organizations. Through internal roles, Avra has provided leadership and consultation on many organization policies and practices, including onboarding, employee engagement, organizational career development, organizational culture, and change management. As an external consultant she has conducted leadership assessments and designed and facilitated a variety of workshops for both leaders and individual contributors.
Avra holds a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology from the University of British Columbia, and also holds a Master’s in Counselling Psychology, with a Career Counselling specialization, from the Graduate Centre for Applied Psychology at Athabasca University. Avra regularly contributes to mainstream media through television and industry publications on a variety of career development topics.
Leadership Assessment and Development
- Experience evaluating leader competencies, coaching and supporting leaders, and implementing development plans.
- Skilled in the administration and interpretation a variety of standardized assessments and 360-feedback programs.
Organizational Career Development
- Skilled in administering and interpreting a variety of career development assessments and resources.
- Provided leadership and consultation on topics such as employee and resource development (e.g., onboarding, performance appraisals, learning and development plans, employee handbook).
- Designed customized career development exercises and resources for group and individual use.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring individuals to achieve desired career goals.
Training and Facilitation
- Deigned and delivered custom workshops for leaders including delegation essentials, planning and organizing, communicating to diverse employees, and personality.
- Recommended strategies for learner evaluation and knowledge transfer.
Avra is a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists and is also a member of the Psychologists’ Association of Alberta.