Dr. Colleen Lucas has over 15 years of experience consulting in the area of organizational development, collaborating with clients to create innovative solutions to meet their needs. She has gained experience from working as an external consultant to diverse public, private, and non-profit organizations at the local and national level. She has also gained extensive knowledge and expertise from her internal role within one of the largest organizations in Alberta, where she provided consultation in areas such as leadership and team development, career development, evaluation, change management, employee engagement, and knowledge management.
Dr. Lucas completed an Honour’s Bachelor degree in Psychology from the University of Calgary. She then completed a Master’s of Science and a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at the University of Calgary.
She has continued her professional development, completing the Prosci® Change Management certification, training in Appreciative Inquiry, and evaluation. She is also trained in the administration of a number of assessment tools, including the MBTI®, Insights®, Occupational Personality Questionnaire, Motivational Questionnaire, and the Work Personality Index.
- Provided leadership coaching to managers in various contexts.
- Administered and provided 360-degree feedback programs to assist in leadership development plans.
- Provided leadership training to new managers within Alberta Health Services.
- Provided counselling and coaching to clients in their career transition journey.
- Created and delivered team building sessions customized to the needs of specific organizations.
- Educated and coached leaders and teams in using the Appreciative Inquiry approach to organizational change.
- Provided change management support to various projects within Alberta Health Services.
- Consulted to the City of Calgary on developing competency models for the Assessment Business Unit.
- Consulted on competency models for the Knowledge Management department within Alberta Health Services.
Dr. Lucas is a Provisionally Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists and Psychologists’ Association of Alberta, and a member of the Society of Industrial/Organizational Psychology. She is also a member of the Calgary Strategic Capability Network.