Dr. Laura Hambley is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist based in Calgary, Alberta, who brings over 15 years of experience as a consultant, coach, speaker and business owner. She is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. She is a sought-after thought leader on Workplace Psychology and Career Development in Canada, and is regularly interviewed by the media on these topics.
Laura specializes in leadership assessments for development and succession planning, executive coaching, team development, career development, customized training and facilitation, conflict management and climate surveys. Laura also co-founded Work EvOHlution, focusing on assessing and developing distributed or mobile leaders, employees and teams. Work EvOHlution was chosen as one of Alberta’s most innovative start-ups (2014) and featured in Scientific American Magazine.
Dr. Laura takes the time to understand each organization’s unique culture and needs, and enjoys forming collaborative working relationships with her clients. Her combined understanding of people, along with business needs and drivers, allows her to provide practical and innovative solutions to her clients’ HR challenges.
Dr. Laura completed a Master’s in Counselling Psychology (1999) and Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (2005) at the University of Calgary. She enjoys supervising and teaching as an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Calgary. She has received several awards for her research on virtual team leadership, has published chapters on this topic in two books and several journals, and has presented at many international conferences.
- Conducted numerous assessments of first-level management to executive positions, for selection, development and succession planning purposes.
- Facilitated the creation of personal development plans, taking into account the individual’s learning style, motivation and interests and organizational priorities.
- Provided leadership coaching to Managers in various industries.
- Consulted to many public and private organizations, conducting interviews and focus groups and developing surveys to better understand and address organizational issues and challenges.
- Provided organizations with strategies to better attract and retain talent.
- Delivered training sessions on employment branding, conflict resolution, stress management, communication, personality and other topics.
- Created and delivered team building seminars customized to the needs of specific organizations.
- Assisted organizations in assessing and recommending solutions for conflict situations between individuals and teams
Dr. Hambley is a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists and Psychologists’ Association of Alberta, and a member of the Society of Industrial/Organizational Psychology.