The Leadership Success Group employs skilled Industrial/Organizational psychology consultants who possess considerable training and experience in the use of psychometric assessments. These in-depth assessments allow us to accurately identify the talents and developmental opportunities of current and potential leaders in the following categories:
- Individual contributors being considered for their first supervisory positions.
- Supervisors or team leads being considered for mid-level management roles.
- Managers being considered for higher level positions, such as Director or VP.
- VPs being considered for SVP or higher level leadership roles (e.g., CEO).
The purposes for conducting leadership assessments include:
- Employee Selection – avoiding hiring mistakes by providing comprehensive verified information on candidate performance, fit and potential.
- Development planning – identifying development needs to focus on, as well as strengths to leverage, in order to help enhance the leaders’, and the organization’s, performance.
- Career development – planning leaders’ career paths within the organization in order to foster higher levels of engagement and position them for continued success.
- Succession planning – comparing assessment results in order to determine the ideal candidates for succession in your organization.
At The Leadership Success Group, we use a variety of highly specialized, valid and reliable assessment tools, including:
- Behavioural-based, structured interviews
- Personality assessments (we use a range of in-depth tools that require graduate level psychology training to interpret)
- Leadership style inventories
- Conflict style inventories
- Work simulations
- Cognitive ability and problem solving tests
In addition to conducting comprehensive leadership development assessments, we also facilitate 360° feedback for individual leaders as well as management teams. Such multi-rater evaluation tools help us to better understand the impact that a leader’s behaviours and actions have on others, and can be an excellent complement to a more in-depth leadership assessment.
We take the time to understand your unique organizational context, challenges, and goals as we determine an effective leadership assessment strategy.